Reporting to the Finance Manager, this position will see the Accounts Assistant supporting with daily transactions to ensure the accurate and timely reporting of the finances. The successful candidate will take a lead on all aspects of transactional processing, encompassing responsibilities on both accounts payable and receivable ledgers.
Applicants should be commercially minded, with the ability to manage large volumes of complex data in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Duties will be varied and will include daily processing of job fee and membership transactions and reconciliations
- Daily processing of purchase invoices
- Distributing monthly statements to debtors and chasing for collection of payments
- Updating ledgers with payment records
- Advising Finance Manager of any ledger anomalies
- Daily reconciliations
- Assisting with the streamlining of internal processes and systems
- Acting as first point of contact for invoice related queries
- Liaising with a range of internal / external stakeholders
- Assisting with other projects in line with the growth of the organisation
- Daily use of accounting software (Xero) & Microsoft Excel
- Reporting in to the Finance Manager
- Applications will be welcomed from individuals who are AAT Qualified / Part Qualified or Accountancy / Finance Graduates
- Experience of using an accounting package would be desirable
- Knowledge of Xero would be advantageous although not essential
- Intermediate / Advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrable experience of working in a fast paced finance department with some knowledge of basic accounting principles and processes
- Experience of working across both accounts payable / receivable would be highly desirable
- Good levels of communication skills (both written & verbally)
Alongside the skills above solid organisational skills are necessary, including multi-tasking and personal time management.
The position is principally based in Newcastle.
How to Apply: You need to send an email to, [email protected] before the end of the working day (17.30) on the 27th July 2018. Please include the reasons why you believe you will be suitable for and successful in the Accounts Assistant.