Although the alternator is a relatively simple JEEP part, it plays a critical role in your vehicle’s operation, so it’s essential any alternator problems are diagnosed correctly and fixed.
Here are some of the most common signs that your JEEP alternator is on the blink:
- The alternator warning light will be on – in most cases this is shaped like a battery but some cars will show ‘ALT’ or ‘GEN’
- You may experience extremely bright or dimming headlights, or a speedometer that stops working
- Drivers sometimes complain of a growling or whining noise before the alternator gives out
- You may experience a smell of hot wires or burning rubber
The average JEEP alternator repair cost is between £200 and £300, depending on the model of your JEEP, so it’s important you make sure you find the best deal. And that’s where we can help.
Here’s how it works:
- Simply enter your car registration number
- Give us some details about your vehicle and the kind of repair work you require
- We’ll send you a great selection of quotes from mechanics in your area
- We use our network of 7,000 mechanics and garages across the UK to find you the best deal. You can then compare the quotes, read reviews from previous customers and book your alternator repair online.
- Enter your registration to compare alternator repair prices, read reviews and book your car in online.